Monday, May 15, 2017
PROJECT MAYHEM CAMPAIGN MAP RELEASE
Welcome to the Project Mayhem campaign map. What follows is a list of things that can be accomplished using this device.
1. You will be able to move about the map with mouse. This thing works like google maps a little bit. I haven't tried my phone yet, but the iPad works like a dream to move about. The mouse is the best of course.
2. There are bubble information boxes that can be added to icons on the main map. If you hover over an icon, there can be a drop bubble for updated information or just a summary of the icon. Some icons will be battles, or drop zones. These can be filled with casual information without having to click down on the icon. They will also be used for people that are challenged by what they can do on a computer i.e. no blog site, not on the forum, etc.
3. The armies will be attached to the dropdown box in the upper right. You will be able to go to that spot on the map directly. Pitched battles, heroic last stands, glorious victories, etc will be in this box under whatever names you guys come up with for them.
4. The Icons are for players and major battles, also for independent and special characters. There is a list coming up that you will all be able to choose from when you sign up for the campaign. If you are not doing the campaign but still want to do the big game, sign up anyway so we can get you on the map. Some images are already available for perusal in the far upper left above the map itself. I have linked one of these to my forum picture and recommend that this will be the best way for you to let me know which one you want to be.
5. The Icons are links to forum posts, blog sites, picture galleries, youtube posts, written stories, podcasts, etc. Ultrasmurf and I are the go to people at this point. Simply pm us on the site when you need to get things up. Facebook and im are also ways to accomplish this.
6. Let me know what to load up and when. It can't be counted if it's not reported. I will have paper battle reports available at the store for those who like to write things down on them.
7. Smaller map campaigns are possible within the general map. If you have a group of individuals that want to fight over a smaller piece of the map, we have this option available. There must be good communication with ultrasmurf and I about the who's, when's, and how's for this to work, but we are both willing to make it happen.
8. Information will be posted on the map under the center icon (the World Eaters one) for the rest of the campaign after Dalecon kicks off. I will probably institute this change sooner than that, but I will let you all know when that happens. Everything from Dalecon on will be posted 'in character'. The generals will be receiving the bulk of the info and passing it down to the individual players, but sometimes other events will happen. Earthquakes, droughts, excessive rainfall, hurricanes, all of these will be possible. Maybe even an eclipse. Not to mention that there certainly could be personal assignments. Not all of the imperials work well together you know, and there have been documented conflicts on the chaos side as well.
9. I will be instituting the event clock when the campaign kicks off. I'll be using this for worldwide events that happen on the map. It will affect fights, moves, armies, even down to individual characters. What actually happens during the campaign will impact all of those things and the choices that generals and individuals will be making during it. More on the event clock in later posts.
10. Link to map ultrasmurf.net/mayhem
11. I would like to thank everyone so far for all of the help you have all given me. I hope you enjoy this, and everything so far. Please feel free to get any questions in at any time, on any of the means necessary. Enjoy!😁