The event clock will be something that I use to keep things moving along within the campaign. Worldwide events will be inserted via this mode. Game effects will be assessed this way as well. Sometimes the clock will be the actual time that an event starts and ends, sometimes it will be more open based upon all of your stories.
Here are a few ways that this will be implemented....
1. There will be different clocks for different games. If you have got your own storyline going on you will be assessed your own clock that I will be keeping track of and tweaking as we go along.
2. There will be a clock working on what happens on the big map itself. Earthquakes, floods, warp storms, etc. are going to be available and may effect the games within the map.
3. The 3 events, dalecon, dbgold, and Rockford will have their own clock at the events, including big game. Breaks in the action, certain major battles, etc.
4. What happens as the campaign goes along will also have an effect on worldwide events. Chaos winning a lot is a good example because that usually opens the warp up a bit more than usual, but imperials winning also has its own effects.
5. The orders that the generals will be issued, along with your own personal orders as they come up, will also be open to clock events. Having assassins in your army is a good example of this, most of the time they have a mission to accomplish, but certain chaos units can also be influenced, chaos lords come to mind right away.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
So a bit more work done last night. I was getting lost because of all the detail on these guys in the primed state. So I switched gears and dry brushed them and then hit them with a serpent sepia shade.(i.e. One of the newer washes). They certainly picture up better. Detailing will now commence!
Monday, May 15, 2017
Welcome to the Project Mayhem campaign map. What follows is a list of things that can be accomplished using this device.
1. You will be able to move about the map with mouse. This thing works like google maps a little bit. I haven't tried my phone yet, but the iPad works like a dream to move about. The mouse is the best of course.
2. There are bubble information boxes that can be added to icons on the main map. If you hover over an icon, there can be a drop bubble for updated information or just a summary of the icon. Some icons will be battles, or drop zones. These can be filled with casual information without having to click down on the icon. They will also be used for people that are challenged by what they can do on a computer i.e. no blog site, not on the forum, etc.
3. The armies will be attached to the dropdown box in the upper right. You will be able to go to that spot on the map directly. Pitched battles, heroic last stands, glorious victories, etc will be in this box under whatever names you guys come up with for them.
4. The Icons are for players and major battles, also for independent and special characters. There is a list coming up that you will all be able to choose from when you sign up for the campaign. If you are not doing the campaign but still want to do the big game, sign up anyway so we can get you on the map. Some images are already available for perusal in the far upper left above the map itself. I have linked one of these to my forum picture and recommend that this will be the best way for you to let me know which one you want to be.
5. The Icons are links to forum posts, blog sites, picture galleries, youtube posts, written stories, podcasts, etc. Ultrasmurf and I are the go to people at this point. Simply pm us on the site when you need to get things up. Facebook and im are also ways to accomplish this.
6. Let me know what to load up and when. It can't be counted if it's not reported. I will have paper battle reports available at the store for those who like to write things down on them.
7. Smaller map campaigns are possible within the general map. If you have a group of individuals that want to fight over a smaller piece of the map, we have this option available. There must be good communication with ultrasmurf and I about the who's, when's, and how's for this to work, but we are both willing to make it happen.
8. Information will be posted on the map under the center icon (the World Eaters one) for the rest of the campaign after Dalecon kicks off. I will probably institute this change sooner than that, but I will let you all know when that happens. Everything from Dalecon on will be posted 'in character'. The generals will be receiving the bulk of the info and passing it down to the individual players, but sometimes other events will happen. Earthquakes, droughts, excessive rainfall, hurricanes, all of these will be possible. Maybe even an eclipse. Not to mention that there certainly could be personal assignments. Not all of the imperials work well together you know, and there have been documented conflicts on the chaos side as well.
9. I will be instituting the event clock when the campaign kicks off. I'll be using this for worldwide events that happen on the map. It will affect fights, moves, armies, even down to individual characters. What actually happens during the campaign will impact all of those things and the choices that generals and individuals will be making during it. More on the event clock in later posts.
10. Link to map ultrasmurf.net/mayhem
11. I would like to thank everyone so far for all of the help you have all given me. I hope you enjoy this, and everything so far. Please feel free to get any questions in at any time, on any of the means necessary. Enjoy!😁
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Monday, May 1, 2017
1. They will be voted in to the position, The vote will be set for May1-June30th. Team sign-ups will be in this timeframe as well. (REMEMBER: Imperial or chaos only) This is not locking you into your army choice for the big game itself. Only for the campaign. NOTE: you will have the availability to 'switch sides' during the campaign. This is because some peeps have both armies at their disposal, and I don't want to limit you in the games or storylines you are doing.
2. It should be someone that is paying attention to what's going on, and is actually interested in it. This step is probably the most important thing. Problems that come up within the team are going to be handled by the general or the lts, not me. I will be able to guide as much as possible but the end say for the team will be from this individual.
3. They should be available once a month for grid movement on the map. The ability to have the same time every month would be helpful here. Instructions for how to do the actual movement will be given after the vote, and the generals are decided, within the orders that I will issue them at that point.
4. They should be able to coerce 2 other individuals to be leftenants. These will be people that will help out the general with his needs. Be it sending messages, to overall movement for the army if the general can't be found for whatever reason. They should be somewhat responsible and reasonable people and be able to adjust accordingly when scheduling problems occur.(don't be a dickhead if everybody can't do things according to plan A, have a plan B ready and so forth.)
5. They do not have to actually play in any campaign games.
6. They should have the ability to get information to all persons that need it. I.e. Get orders to people/give orders to people, let me know if something has happened, and be somewhat responsible about this job a bit. At least a computer is required. Facebook, IMing, a blog site, the forum...... If I can figure this out, I know others can. I will be able to help in anyway possible, but you have to be able to ask for it. After the kickoff at Dalecon, I will be issuing orders to these individuals who will then pass that info on to the rest of the team. I will be able to help out team members for some questions, but the generals and lfts. will be the ones with the answers.
7. They will have overall decision on how deployment and where deployment of people is at the big game. I will give generals information about the big game table set-ups and then they will pass it on to their respective teams in their own fashion.
8. They will have overall decision on distribution of bonus chips will happen at big game. The bonus chips or 'handicaps' rules, will be released in another post.
9. They will generate special end game prizes from me for putting up with all of this bullshit I'm asking them to do.
10. The overall thing I'm attempting to do here is to have more than just me knowing what is going on at the big game. This format should end up with at least 6 people understanding what is happening at the big game weekend, and be able to direct players accordingly.
11. Sign ups for teams and for general nominations are on the forum right now. You can post them on any of the formats available though and I will update accordingly.