Monday, December 25, 2017

THE BIG GAME

Ok........  Finally here it is.

Welcome to the big game explanation post. There are a lot of things to go over so.... Onward!

1.  Please do not SKIM READ this post. I am going to give a play-by-play on the weekend and I will need everyone's attention.

2.  There will be a series of tables set up as sites of action on the map. Five (5) areas to be precise. Each area will have 4 tables each to play on.  Each will be marked with a number 1-4 and one table will have a portal on it out of those 4.  Necromunda will also have 2 tables devoted to it, 1 underhive, and 1 above ground board each.  Lastly, there will be a large board set up for the final battle at the end of Saturday to wrap up the weekend.  There will be 5 portals on this board.

3.  Each player will have a chance to pre-set games on a particular board during the month of January. If you don't set up a game with anyone, don't worry, the tables will all have their own scenarios on them.

4.  We are going to have a projector with the map on it that will be updated as the weekend goes on; army movement will happen as well.

5.  I'm planning on dinner again on Friday, but I think I'm going to forgo the bartender this year.  I've been told that it was pretty wasted money from last year's organizers.

6.  T-shirts are available for everyone attending.  I decided to do red vs blue for these.  I hope you can figure out who gets which on your own.

7. Prize support this year will be somewhat 'higher end' than previous years.  I did this for all of the work everybody has done to help me this year.  Storylines, showing up to Dead Snakecon, and all around putting up with Dale bullshit for the last year, will be paid off in spades.  I have personally picked out some really good stuff for everyone and the 10 portals that will be around the room are part of that.  I hope you can wait to take them till after we are all done with them.

8.  There will be a single 'big game' that will happen this year as well.  I will be giving the who's and what's to that in a later post, but I think it could be the wildest game to date.  I am letting you know that I'm planning this for Saturday 5:30 ish so that you can make sure your availability will be open for it.

9.  Everyone will have a mandatory 2 games to get done during the course of the weekend.  I hope that more will happen, but 2 is the mandatory amount.  75-100pl each is the table set-up parameters.

9.5. Painted figs are required.  No exceptions!

10.  The dates are Feb 2-4 at the Crowne Plaza off of College ave.  The link for it is on the forum under 'big game 2018'.

11.  The cost will be $60 a person this year.  $50 of this will go for the space and the other $10 will be going into the D-co fund for use in other events.  There will be 'tip' jars out that you can donate to the D-co fund as well.  This money goes to future D-co costs and extras for our events.

That's enough for this post cause I know all of you are sleeping by this point.  Tomorrow will have the set ups for the 5 sites, and the actual rules for the 'big game' on Saturday night.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment