Saturday, March 3, 2018

Sorry Bill

My practice models with this new style have been successful.  Now I’m ready.  So I’ll start this part off with an apology to Bill (my ultramarine friend).  Most of this recreation of my painting style has been because of old models that I converted many years ago.  I took a few SM chapters and ‘nurgled’ them up a bit with the technology of the day and my skill level at that time.  Ultras, Space Wolves, Dark Angels were the three I was focused on at that time.  Those conversions were still some of the best I did during that time before my ork Waagh, when my painting skills started really getting better, as well of my enjoyment of it.  When Death Guard got a codex last year, the first thing I thought about were these conversions and how it would be nice to play with them again( thinking that they would be fine without any modifications).  Then the first of the new DG models began to come out.  HOLY COW!  What a fantastic range!  I was blown away to say the least.  I was also not very proud of my conversions from 20+ years ago.  My decision to upgrade my skills was born, as well as frameworks for storylines to progress from all that time ago.  I decided to use the same figures as back then, but further their nurgle transition.  Anyhow.... Lots of talk.  Here is the first one.



No comments:

Post a Comment